Wednesday, May 8, 2013

PUNK: Chaos to Couture

Another Met Gala has come and gone, and I have to say, I LOVED this year's theme! It leaves so many options to be experimental and have fun with it! While some options were gorgeous, I still thought there were a lot of safe looks, especially for the theme. Below are all my favorite looks- and remember, I took the theme heavily into consideration!


Anja Rubik fierce in Anthony Vaccarello: She was RED HOT and so daring with this. Totally something you could see a glam 80's rockstar wearing!


Kate Bosworth pretty in punk wearing Balmain: I loved this look. The heavily embellished details, and the smokey eye lent to the punk factor just enough.


Sarah Jessica Parker going all out in a Giles Deacon gown and Philip Treacy headpiece: Well if the gold medal was to be given to anyone who really took the theme to heart, it's SJP. I mean, look at that headpiece!!! She killed it!


Kerry Washington going fleur noir in Vera Wang: This is pretty, and still punk, to me. I love the darker color palette, leather, and black tulle details, and the hint of goth in the bodice webbing detail. Also, notice the purple hair streaks- subtle but effective.


Sienna Miller going 80's chic in Burberry: I felt as though this is a little bit 80's punk bride, but I couldn't help loving it anyways. That leather jacket is sick, and the headpiece was a clever detail. Both elements helped toughen up the pretty and simple white gown.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment