Sunday, January 15, 2012

Red Carpet Round-Up: 2012 Golden Globes

I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the 2012 Golden Globes Red Carpet looks, but I've been eagerly awaiting each star's arrival. I think this year all the ladies really stepped up and brought it, and there weren't too many dresses that I didn't care for, so picking my top 4 favorite looks was hard.

Claire Danes in J. Mendel: There have been a couple of black and white looks on the red-carpet this past week. Kate Winslet wore one tonight, while Michelle Williams wore a B&W Chanel Gown to the Critics Choice Awards a few nights ago. None of them stood out for me, except for this J. Mendel Gown on Claire Danes. The fit is great, and the front is simple. What stood out for me is the back of the gown. The big cut out, and surrounding pattern, make this gown unique and modern, without it making a scene. I love that it's understated, but still gets your attention, much like Claire Danes herself. This gown, I think, is the perfect match for her. She kept everything else simple, and I think she looks great.

Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace: Angelina looks gorgeous, as always, and I love how this gown is so simple, and yet makes a huge statement. The white gown with the red collar accent is very striking, and I think highlighting the red on the gown with her lips, clutch, and earrings was a very smart, and cohesive move. Pulled back hair, and a smokey cat-eye really pull this look together by letting everything else shine.

Sarah Hyland in Dolce & Gabbana: I thought this gown is extremely elegant and sexy, all while being age appropriate. The fit is perfect, the color compliments her skin and hair beautifully, and the belt detail adds the perfect amount of visual interest. She accessorized perfectly with a simple box clutch, and her hair and make-up compliment the look quite nicely.

Emma Stone in custom made Lanvin: This look is my absolute favorite from the night. The burgundy and berry hue is perfect for her complexion, and surprisingly doesn't compete with her red locks. The fit is perfect, of course, since it's custom made. The wispy fabric is romantic and sexy at the same time, and the stand out belt and shoulder details add some edge. I love her strappy platform sandals, simple black clutch, and smokey eyes. This is perfection.

What look was your favorite of the night? Is there anyone I missed?
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaahhh!! theyre alll soo good! loving ur blog. new here. :)

    http://taintedfingers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much for visiting :) And yes, these women look fabulous. I want all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! i love emma stone's lanvin dress!!
    thanks for sharing ♥

    xoxo, Izzaura
    http://thefadmadness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Charlize? She had the best look of the night for me.

    XO,
    Doux Rousse
    www.douxrousse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! They all look great!

    Shall we follow each other?

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Izzaura- Of course, thanks for reading! And yes, her dress... amazing!

    Doux Rousse- I did like Charlize Dress, but the ones I listed I just loved more. She did look beautiful as always, though. She's the epitome of class.

    Emi- Hi, thanks for stopping by. I just checked out your blog, very edgy and cool style. Thanks for linking it to me :)

    ReplyDelete