Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cropped Sweater, Structured Skirt

When putting an outfit together, one of the main things you have to think about is balance. A tight shirt should be balanced out with something less form-fitting(yet still flattering) on bottom, or the opposite. Below I wore one of my favorite cardigans. It's super loose and swingy, with a cropped front and longer back. I usually pair it with skinny jeans and boots for a casual look, but instead I decided to dress it up. I wore a structured pencil skirt to balance out the swingy, loose shape of the sweater, and the cropped front of the sweater shows off the cool draping that begins right at the waistline of the skirt.

Sweater & Skirt: Anthropologie. Tights & Socks: H&M. Boots: Corso Como. Necklace: Vintage. Bag: H&M. Sunglasses: Vintage. Jacket: Gap.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Really lovely style and I adore your necklace. You have a great style and this outfit looks really nice on you.

    http://modadelamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally love your skirt its so perfect for Fall too!
    the color is great.

    kisses from kaitlin
    xo
    kaitgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete